The DataMatrix Code
The search for a simple, compact and error-free code has lead to most sectors choosing the data matrix code (aeronautics, automotive, electronic and semi-conductor, pharmaceutical industry, etc).
Today it is the two-dimensional - 2D - code most used for the permanent identification of parts:
As a result, all suppliers and manufacturers are often required to comply with this requirement and must guarantee that their markings meet quality standards (standards ISO/TS 16949, AIAG, ISO 15459, EN1572, NF Z 63-100, AECMA EN9132, SAE AS9132, etc).
The advantages of datamatrix code marking:
- Unique symbology marked directly on the part and readable using a camera
- Very large storage capacity: a very large number of encoded characters in a very small space
- Reliability: removal of human error, the code can be read using a camera, for identification and traceability of the parts
- Robustness: the redundancy of integrated information - ECC200 - makes the reading of a partially damaged data matrix code possible
A data matrix code is readable using a camera:
The Data Matrix codes are marked by laser, dot peen or scribing.
Therefore, the safety and reliability of your parts is strengthened at every level:
- Component manufacturing factories
- Assembly plants, constructors
- Spare part maintenance centres
Discover which technology you should choose for your datamatrix solution